- Education Specialist
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Bamako, Mali
- 24 April 2018
NRC is looking for an Education Specialist to lead the strategic development and oversee quality implementation of our Education programme in Mali.
The Education Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training and capacity build staff on Education technical capacity.
The Education Specialist reports to the Head of Programme
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement.
We provide education, shelter, food security, and give people legal assistance. We also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism.
The NRC country office in Mali is located in Bamako.
- Ensure that the Education programme remains relevant to the changing context
- Ensure that the Education programme addresses both programmatic and relevant policy issues
- Ensure harmonization and consistency across education projects implemented in Mali, in line with the Education strategy
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Develop Education strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in Education and staff development processes
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
See the full job description attached on the website.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within education technical expertise area in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Education expertise: development of strategy, capacity building, quality assurance
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Mali
- Valid driver’s license
- Strategic thinking
- Initiate action and change
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- A good sense of humour is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability.
- Start date: July 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure (See attached the NRC Grade structure)
- Duty station: Bamako, with frequent travels to the field.
Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
Application procedure and CV registration:
Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
The full job description and NRC grade structure are attached on the website.