We are looking for a dedicated, keen and experienced Education Project Manager for NRC’s programme in Ndélé in the Central African Republic (CAR).
The Education Project Manager (PM) reports to the Area Manager in Ndélé.
The Education Project Manager is responsible to implement delegated Education projects within the area of Bamingui Bangoran.
NRC’s country programme in CAR was re-established in 2014 and currently has operations in four prefectures, with a Country Office, three Area Offices, and three Sub-offices. Our programmes focus on education, food security, shelter, information and legal counselling, water and sanitation, protection, and emergency response.
Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Education strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects
• Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
• In coordination with the M&E, monitor and follow-up on quality of services provided by NRC in the field. Make recommendations for improvement
• Compile and up-date information in the field on internal and external factors impacting education and the project results, and prepare monthly reports
• Serve as acting Ndélé AM when the position holder is out of the office.
Minimum 3 years Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project
• implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Technical education expertise, including Education in Emergencies
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience from working in Africa
• Experience in alternative and youth education programs is an advantage
• Experience in team management
• Experience in developing proposals and budgets
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Handling insecure environments
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing performance and development
• A good sense of humour is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.