- Education Program Development Manager, Myanmar
- The Norwegian Refugee Council
- 30 November 2017
Interest in programme development? NRC is hiring an Education Programme Development Manager in Myanmar! Deadline to apply: 30 November 2017.
The purpose of the Education Project Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible for the design, development and implementation of Education programme/project in Myanmar. The Education PDM reports to the Area Manager for North West.
Note: This is an unaccompanied post/non-family duty station, with accomodation/ housing of moderate standard (in some field locations shared accomodation).
- Contract period: 2 years
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty Station: Sittwe, Myanmar with 50% travel
- Start date: January 2018
- All international staff working and residing in Myanmar are obliged to pay income tax to the Myanmar authorities
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
NRC has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in Myanmar
NRC’s current activities include rapid issuance of civil documentation, reconstruction of durable shelter, permanent schools, and vocational education, all managed from six field offices.
- Develop Education strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for the development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of project/s
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget, and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Coordinate with Area Office management to ensure the provision of Education in Emergencies and Youth Programming
- Investigate the formalizing of NRC´s contributions to the TVET system in Myanmar
- Advise on and support emergency and remote Education intervention management and methodologies
- Design and develop programme approaches and activities that can be piloted and expanded to other NRC locations in Myanmar
- Build capacity of education teams to operationalize quality, timely, and comprehensive education programming in across Myanmar in the NRC’s areas of operation (Southeast, Northwest, Northeast)
- In close coordination with the Advocacy lead, articulate concerns and organise relevant evidence pertaining to Education that contribute to the NRC’s advocacy efforts for Myanmar
Our ideal candidate
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical CC Education expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Myanmar context is desirable
- Knowledge of local languages – Myanmar and Rakhine languages is an advantage
- Experience with managing youth programs and TVET programmes is essential
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships
To download the full job description and to apply for this exciting position please visit NRC's webcruiter site here. Application deadline: 30 November 2017.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.