Education in Protracted Crisis: Information Sharing and Networking Event
On 28th April 2016, the INEE Secretariat hosted an interactive learning and networking event on Education in Protracted Crises.This event coincided with the INEE Bi-Annual Working Group Meeting, which were hosted in Amman, Jordan, by UNWRA, one of INEE's Working Group member organizations. An open call was made for regionally-based external partners to join the interactive networking event on 28th April.
The aims of the event were:
- To share research and experiences on the intersection of education in emergencies and protracted crisis.
- Build cross-sectoral networks to enable conversations and connect around the challenges and opportunities of supporting education in protracted crisis.
Read the concept note for the event
- Zainab Al Khalil, ARDD-Legal Aid. Legal Aid to Empower Women, Youth and Migrants in Jordan.
- Sawsan Al Refai, Arab Campaign in Education for All. The Role of Civil Society in Advocating for Education during the Yemen Conflict.
- Hadeel Amayreh, Jordan Workforce Development Project.
- Abeer Ammouri and Laura Marshall, Norwegian Refugee Council Jordan. Education and Youth Programming for Syrian Refugees in Camps and Host Communities
- Eddie Dutton, UNESCO. Tertiary Education for Syrian Refugees in Jordan: Challenges to Access.
- Khaled El Kouz, Right to Play. Teacher Training in Emergencies.
- Hiba Falahat, We Love Reading. A Library in Every Neighbourhood: Women Empowerment through Communities Libraries.
- Rosi Greenberg, Questscope. From an Emergency to Development Approach: Non-Formal Education Programs in a Shifting Context.
- Ala’a Ma’ayteh, Finn Church Aid. Improving Resilience and Wellbeing of Syrian Refugees and Vulnerable Jordanian Youth through Recreational Activities.