Call for Applications: INEE Steering Group
19 February 2018
The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is calling for applications from organizations to be members of the INEE Steering Group.
There is currently one opening for donor representation on the INEE Steering Group.
The application deadline is 20 March 2018.
The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is a global open network of more than 14,000 members working together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure all persons the right to quality education and a safe learning environment in emergencies and crisis situations. In consultation with the wider membership and guided by INEE’s By-Laws, the INEE Steering Group serves as the strategic leadership of the network and supports the INEE Secretariat. The INEE Steering Group is composed of organizational members, represented by senior professionals in the field of education in emergencies. Steering Group organizations commit to support INEE with monetary and in-kind contributions, time and expertise, which includes travel to bi-annual Steering Group meetings. INEE Steering Group members serve three-year terms and rotate off of the Steering Group upon completion of their sixth year.
Criteria for INEE Steering Group Membership - multilaterals organizations applying for membership should meet the following criteria:
- The institution must have demonstrated contributions to education in emergencies, chronic crises and early recovery;
- The institution will accept the responsibilities and duties indicated in INEE’s By-Laws with regard to human resource investments, time allocations, and financial commitments;
- The institution will cover costs associated with membership, including travel and per diem costs for the institutional representative to attend meetings at strategic venues two times a year (meeting duration: typically two-four days) and communication costs;
- Allow the representative working time to complete collaborative/individual tasks (typically two days a month);
- If the primary representative is unable to attend the bi-annual meeting, the institution will send a secondary representative who has been briefed on key issues and decisions that need to be taken, and is able to make informed decisions and vote on behalf of the organization;
- All Steering Group members are required to contribute a minimum membership fee of $10,000 each year with no exceptions;
Applications are received in the form a cover letter, in English, from the organization (signature at Director level or above), that demonstrate the following in no more than three (3) pages:
- A strong commitment by the organization to achieving the goal and objectives of INEE.
- Evidence that the organization is currently working in education in emergencies and fragile contexts and that its ongoing work is applicable and relevant to the objectives of INEE.
- The ways in which the organization and representatives would use its institutional capacity specific to working in emergencies and crises to help achieve and advocate for the objectives of INEE.
- An understanding of and commitment to the time required for representatives to participate in the Steering Group and funding required for representatives to attend bi-annual meetings.
- Specific examples of the organization and designated representative in global networks, groups and governing boards, including a description of their impact in such groups.
- In an attachment, provide the CV of the representative who will participate in the Steering Group and attend all biannual meetings, as well as the CV of an alternate who may step in if needed. Alternates participate in the Steering Group only when absolutely necessary.
- Provide contact information for representatives and any other relevant persons within the organization (e.g. Directors or other more senior staff).
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 20 March 2018. Selected members must be able to attend the first bi-annual meeting scheduled for July 2018, location TBD.